MDB’s evidence-based systems approach ensures effective and consistent response to any emergency or disaster.
MDB offers a wide range of services to leaders of government, non-profits, and private industry to improve their preparedness for, response to, and recovery from emergencies and disasters. Our approach incorporates key principles from emergency management, public health, and medical practice. MDB is experienced in managing the health and medical consequences of disasters, and we understand the federal policies that relate to disaster management.
Our expertise includes:
- Medical preparedness for and response to chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high-yield explosives (CBRNE) incidents and other disasters.
- Disaster policy knowledge of National Response Framework, National Disaster Recovery Framework, Natural Hazards Support System, National Preparedness Goals, Presidential Decision Directives, and other federal guidance.
- Adult education and training techniques used in exercises and drills
- Providing medical care in the austere/challenging disaster environment
We provide the following emergency public health services:
Public health and medical preparedness planning from the tactical to the strategic level
- Hazard/vulnerability assessments
- Health care facility preparedness plans
- Meeting U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Hospital Preparedness Program (HPP) capability standards
- Understanding HHS Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) and HPP capabilities
- Development and evaluation of tabletop and full field exercises
Medical practice in the disaster environment
- Preparing medical teams for field deployment in disasters and for humanitarian assistance
- Training medical response personnel
- Development of policies, protocols, and procedures for deployed medical teams
- Health and safety for deployed teams
- Disaster medical logistics
Continuity of operations
- Developing succession plans and continuity of operations plans
- Evaluating continuity of operations plans
- Medical countermeasure stockpiling and distribution
- National health security policy
- Non-medical public health interventions
- Tactical EMS
- CBRNE training for medical personnel
Response and recovery systems development
- Disaster leadership and decision-making
- Emergency management
- Integrated disaster response systems, including National Response Framework, National Disaster Recovery Framework, National Preparedness Goals
Download and read more about our Emergency Public Health capabilities in this brochure.